We write or post articles online because we want people to read them right?
Of course you do….you write the articles hoping they get a high amount of traffic so the world can instantly discover what your website has to offer.
Sometimes this can be easier said than done.
Try these tips and see if you get higher amounts of traffic from every article you post online.
1) Write great titles using keyword research - Knowing what your readers want prior to writing the article will certainly bring higher traffic.
2) Use the appropriate amount of keywords in the body of any given article you write - A safe number would be about 2-3% so if you have a 500 word article, the body should contain the keyword approximately 10 to 15 times.
3) Write for the reader 1st and the search engine 2nd - This is an oldie but still a goody.
4) Write as if you were talking directly to your readers – It’s ok to use the term “you” or “I” and “me”
5) Write to create the light bulb effect – If you really want to get high amounts of traffic from your article you need to be seriously helping your readers with the information you’re sharing. When your reader is finished reading the article you want them to fully understand the message and say “ah-ha…now I get it!”
6) Write shorter articles when possible – People sometimes enjoy reading books but when it comes to online articles they prefer to skim through material and would rather read shorter more defined articles. If the article is above 500 words be sure to use a lot of spacing and bold text pointers to break up some of the monotony.
7) Make your point quickly then back it up – Try to get the most important stuff out at the beginning of the article and use the latter half to back up your message.
8) Use images and video when appropriate – When video and image is appropriately added to online articles it can go along way in terms of delivering high amounts of website traffic. Just be sure the images and videos are properly optimized for search.
9) For WordPress Blog Posts – Download and activate the Platinum SEO Plugin. This plugin makes it easy to add keywords for the search engines to find your article. It also allows you to decide if you want the article to be “nofollow” or “dofollow”. It can be customized to fit your needs and when configured properly will help to draw tons of traffic to your articles.
10) Add social bookmarking buttons to your article – Place a few buttons at the end of your article in clear view so your readers may share it if they enjoyed it. There are thousands of social bookmarking sites out there and more are popping up everyday. They all have buttons you can place on your article to share it with their readers. Some of the bigger sites such as Facebook, Digg, StumbleUpon and Delicious have seriously high traffic counts on a daily basis. If it’s a great article they could easily send two hundred or a thousand readers to your article at any given time.
These are just some of the steps you can take.
Writing articles online is a skill that must be learned over time. It’s hard to become an expert in one day but practice certainly can make it perfect.
In the end…..it all comes down to how well you satisfied your reader’s thirst for knowledge.
Perfect the art of giving the reader what they’re searching for in a clear and precise manor while using the tips above and you will soon find yourself writing high traffic online articles.